Sunday, March 15, 2009

Party Time!

Anika is turning 8 in two days. She is a St. Patty's Day girl, which has made that holiday something special at the Grimes'!
It seems to not be too popular anymore, but I throw a party every year for my kids. What can I say, I just love talking about and planning this special time with my kids. Forgive me, those of you who get an invitation every year!
So, in celebration, we had 15 screaming girls at our house for a late over pajama party. (For those of you who don't know "late over" it is the euphemism for "no you can't have a sleep over").

Here are some highlights:
Dance Dance Revolution on the Wii


Karaoke


Pillow Fight


A Little Drama (what is a girl's party without some)


The Wild Card (throw a big brother in the mix and the screaming increases by volumes)


All said, everyone seemed to have a great time! And, no, nobody got hurt!

7 comments:

Jami said...

15 GIRLS. You are BRAVE!!! I don't even think Hallee knows 15 girls. Looks like a fun time!

Happy Birthday Anika!!!

Elder and Sister Hale said...

Wow, that was a blast wasn't it! Can you host a pillow fight for the grown-ups? It's been too long! Oh, I know, for my birthday I want the same party Anika had! (you plan it) I'll try to think up some drama too... You are a fun mom!

Kelli said...

Oh, you are so brave. I wouldn't even know what to do with one girl, let alone 15! It looks like they all had a great time. Tell her happy birthday from us!

The Jensen 6 said...

Wow, I admire anyone who can keep up a birthday party every year for four kids. I used to do it, but seem to have burned out and have recently instigated the 5, 8, 12, and 16 year birthday bash plan. It looks fun though! And I can't believe how big your kids are! Your family picture is great.

gotta go girl said...

I loved the pictures! My faves were the circle of girls and the "drama". Their little faces are pretty concerned! Hannah had a great time and keeps asking to play with Anika - we'll be calling soon! Thanks again for a fun party!

Jenn said...

You are so nice to do a party every year!! I do everything in my power to not have a party (including bribry) - Girls are fun though, and when they get to that age the parties are definately easier!! It was good to see you at the park today - your blog is way cute.

Anonymous said...

You are such a cute mom! Rachel had the funnest time ever-it is legend over here now and I am sure I will be calling for the details so we can copy! xoxo