Saturday, January 10, 2009

skiing!

Happy to-be skiiers, and snowboarder before the day.




...and the end of the day, with smiles and all our toes! Somehow I missed all the great action shots throughout the day.

What was missed inbetween; a screw loose on Conner's snowboard - finding a screwdriver - fixing board, Anika crying and wanting to stop - promising a purchased cup of hot chocolate - allowing her to go with Jenn instead of me - one more try - loving it, frozen stiff snowboard gloves on the lift - thawing during run - steaming hands, eating soup with chips because I forgot a spoon and packed lunchers eat in the basement, Conner disappearing into the powdery trees - being found when another man asked him if he needed help, being told Jenn should be a ski teacher (i am sure this was no snub to me) - i agree - we ski on, patience-encouragement - patience, sliding down frozen rocks while carrying skiis to get to the car, lots of fun and finally hot chocolate!!

2 comments:

gotta go girl said...

Lots of fun! And I love your Coldplay music that plays!

Mary said...

I know I'm the crazy one because I have NO desire to ski or snowboard. I should live in California or something! Ha ha.