Tuesday, May 5, 2009

We finally did it!

The HAIR - I don't know what it is about this kid, but we have always kept his hair long. His hair was long on top when he was born and just kept growing. It is definitely called "blond" in our family and so smooth and soft. So, we let it grow.

His comments about his hair (disregarding comments from other people), have been so fun:

-At 3 years - "Why is my hair not black like everyone else's?"
-At 3 years - "Do I have those things?" "Eyebrows?" "Yes"
-At 4 he was looking at a picture of himself at 1 1/2 yrs - "Why did I have girl hair?"
-At 4, many times a day, "Luke, what are you doing?" "My hair!" (He would spray it with water and brush it, just so it looked perfect.)
-At 4, several times, - "Can I please cut my hair like Kai's?" (His friend with a buzz)
-At 4, after the cut, - "Will Aunt Shelly still call me 'surfer boy'?"
-At 4, after the haircut, to his preschool teacher - "Now I don't have to move my hair to see!"

Good thing I finally gave in and cut it, the poor kid can finally see! It was a little traumatic, for me anyway. Jason filmed the whole event! And, Lucas does look rather cute!!

9 comments:

Kelli said...

Wow- what a good looking kid! (Good looking ANY way his hair is cut, that is) He looks totally different! I love it.

And Jason, we are so happy to hear you finally got a nose job! We hope it helps and ends all the problems you were having. Ya, a little scary with the not breathing thing. Hope it continues to help!

Mary said...

I didn't recognize him the first time I saw him with short hair! At least now he can be "like everyone else". And if you ever want him to have a good, old-fashioned buzz cut, just send him on over. They're free at our house!

gotta go girl said...

He looks darling!

Elder and Sister Hale said...

Oh, that cute boy of yours. Funny to witness many of those statements too! (for the record, his hair looks WAY better than Kai's!)

Jami said...

He looks SO different! I love all of his thoughts about his hair; seriously cracks me up.

Jenn said...

I don't know if I would recognize him now...I loved reading about all his "hair responses"-too cute! Your kids are all darling.

Anonymous said...

I keep thinking some weird kid is standing out in front of your house lost and what bad parents he must have. It is taking me forever to get used to his big boy hair. I know he is so proud and I am happy for him, but I will miss the locks!

The Jensen 6 said...

xWe did the same thing with Briggs when he was three. It was time to change, but I was sad to see the hair go! Now he wants that same hair do again, but I'm not willing to do the in-between stages!

Shelly said...

Hey surfer boy - I like your hair!!!!
Aunt Shelly