Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Where do I go with this?


Anika came home from school frowning at the results of this spelling test, now, really, look at the grade. She gets 100% every week, but has been getting an A- on her writing. This does not make her happy! I gave her some pointers on how to write her letters and the following resulted. But, her only comment was, " I wanted an A+, I tried really hard!"

Her only true smile came after I talked to her teacher who told me she never gives out an A+. What am I to do with such a perfectionist?? I'm sure there are those who can relate to her, but it just isn't me.

5 comments:

Jami said...

Now that is funny. I SO can NOT relate to that. Way to go Anika! You get an A+ in my book!

Elder and Sister Hale said...

Shoot for the stars, Anika! I tend to shoot for a mountain because that's good enough for me. Thank goodness for those who demand higher than that, where would we be in this world without them?!

One Sassy Mama said...

She sounds like my Savannah. There has been a couple of times that Savannah has forgotten her homework. She calls me in a panic to bring it in THAT MINUTE--because her teacher takes off 5 points!!! There are usually tears as she shares this information-- so I generally give in. But, seriously? Five points doesn't seem like such a bad deal to me for late work--especially compared to Jordyn's teachers who take off 50%.

Jenn said...

It is hard when you have a perfectionist...Morgan was the same way. Getting 100% on all spelling tests in her 3rd grade year (she made it a goal) and then on one dumb test she missed one and it ruined her!! So sad. Good luck with that, she is awesome. Tell her that there are no A+ in High School, maybe that will help.

levilacyeaston said...

That is too funny! I am so not that way. I love Lukes hair. Darcy just cut Parkers too and he loves it. He just kept staring at himself in the mirror. It was fun to watch him.