Sunday, October 19, 2008

Fall Hike



What a gorgeous fall we are having here in Utah. We took a hike up Big Cottonwood Canyon to Dog Lake, 70 degrees and loving it! I love being in the mountains! The smell and color of the leaves, the blue sky - it really doesn't get better (unless I am riding the trails on a mountain bike)!! The kids were troopers and thought the berries they found and the snow on the hillside were the highlights! Best moments for me: Trey falling down a black dirt hill on his face. He didn't get hurt, but wasn't too pleased about the dirt in his mouth. Comments from every hiker about the "pack" we had with us - picture it: 2 ladies with babies on their backs and 7 other children in tow!

4 comments:

Jami said...

Taking seven kids ANYWHERE would be considered a major adventure. Impressive.

The Jensen 6 said...

So I just found your blog on Jami's and was way excited! I'm glad you were pressured into doing one because it was fun to see some of what you guys are up to! I hope you don't mind if I add you to my list! Your kids have really grown up! Tell Jason that Tyler and I said hello!

Kelli said...

9 kids?? You're amazing! Ummmm...it sounds like you need to move out here to the country!! I know you have the best of both worlds, but....think how much you'd love it!!

Kelli said...

Jason:
And think of the meat you could eat in the country. Smiths has a good sale once in a while, but here in the wild wild west, it's always on sale. In fact you can find plenty of it just off the shoulder of the road...

And fresh crab legs in Sevier County. Oh you can imagine. Makes you want to come back. mmm...I can smell and hear them now...

We decided we should hit Capitol Reef next time y'all make the trip to the wild wild west if you are up for it.

Brian